Bachelor of Science in Nursing
For more information on application process, transfers and wait lists please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
- All academic courses must have been completed within the last five (5) years.
- BC Secondary school graduation or equivalent
- Minimum 70% in BIOL 090, Biology 12, Anatomy & Physiology 12 or equivalent
- Minimum 70% in CHEM 080 or Chemistry 11
- Minimum 70% in MATH 080, MATH 082 or MATH 090 or Math 11, as of 2013 in Foundations or Pre-Calculus Math 11 or 12
- Minimum of 70% or higher in English 12 or equivalent
- Completion of CASPer testing. Refer to: takecasper.com
Undergraduate courses completed prior to application to the program will be considered for equivalency to the above academic requirement.
- High school students who are considering applying (Grade 10, 11, and 12) to the BSN program, please note that the following courses CHEM 11, MATH 11, BIOL 12, and ENG 12 must be completed and final grades received by February 28 of your Grade 12 year. Students should consider taking these pre-requisites courses in semesters appropriate to meet application deadlines.
- All applicants to the BSN program at the College of the Rockies will be required to complete an online assessment, Computer-Based Assessment for Sampling Personal Characteristics (CASPer) as a component of the selection process. Completion of CASPer will be mandatory in order to maintain admission eligibility. Refer to CASPer.com for more information, to sign-up and to reserve a test time and date.
- Applicants with degrees within the past five years are assessed individually to determine equivalency with academic criteria.
Students for whom English is a second language may be required to undergo the English Language Testing System (IELTS). An overall score of 6.5 in all bands is required to enter the program.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to arrange this assessment at an IELT test location. For test locations, refer to: https://ieltscanadatest.com/
Accepted applicants must have all non-academic requirements submitted to Enrollment Service 30 days prior to the start of the academic year. If not submitted, the applicant may be withdrawn from the BSN program.
Accepted applicants must:
- Must meet the requirements for immunization established for health care workers by the BC Ministry of Health. Completion of immunizations and the immunization form in the BSN Admissions Package by a health care professional is required before final acceptance into the program.
- Self-declare satisfactory health based on the Requisite Skills and Abilities for Nurses in the BSN Program Admission Package. For more information go to the BSN Program Requisite Skill and Abilities page on this website and visit BCCNP website at: https://www.bccnp.ca/becoming_a_nurse/Documents/RN_requisite_skills_abilities_464.pdf
- Complete CPR (Level C) prior to entry and maintain valid re- certification during the entire program every 2 years. Costs associated with certification and recertification are the responsibility of the student.
- Complete a criminal record check.